Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Sunday!

As mentioned last week, there will be no In My Mailbox post today. I'm taking a break from borrowing new books until I've read a larger chunk of the huge pile sitting beside my bed. Hopefully we'll have a new one next week!


I wanted to take this opportunity to point out some new features on my blog!


Twitter
I decided to take the plunge and make a Twitter account. It's synchronized with my Goodreads account to post updates about the books I'm reading and I'll use it to let you all know when I have a new post up. What an awesome social networking idea! See the "Follow Me" button in the side bar.


So You Wanna Read YA Lit?
I've started a new discussion feature for Thursdays, a "how-to" guide for people new to the world of YA literature. I wanted to branch out from my weekly schedule of memes and reviews to bring some new content to the blog. I've scheduled the feature to last a month but if it continues to be well received I'll probably extend it. Find the original post farther down on this page.


YA Canadian 2011 Releases
After discovering the Pages feature I decided to make a directory of all YA Canadian literature being published in 2011. The list is small so far, only about 20 titles, but hopefully it'll grow as more publishers announce their summer/fall/winter catalogues. I want Canadian authors to be as popular and influential in the world of YA lit as American and UK authors, but the only way to do that is to introduce you to those authors.


Spring Blog Carnival
From May 1st to 8th I will be participating in my first carnival! Hosted by Pure Imagination, the Spring Blog Carnival is a series of giveaways and challenges for participating blogs. I'll be posting a giveaway of a few ARCs I have on May 1st, so be sure to check back and enter the giveaway once it's up!




Many of these updates and new features came from your suggestions from my advice post back in March. Thank you to those who replied, I love your ideas! If you have any more, feel free to post them in the comments or send me a tweet/email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Want to share your own review or post? I'd love to hear from you! I read every single comment.