Saturday, July 9, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-thon: Recommended Reading

It's that time of year!

Once Upon a Read-a-thon!

From July 11 to 13 I'll be participating in my first read-a-thon, hosted by Candace at Candace's Book Blog, Lori at Pure Imagination, and Angela at Reading Angel. The aim of the game is to read as many books as possible in 72 hours. *phew*

I'll be updating my progress every day with a blog post but don't worry, my daily reviews and posts will be up as scheduled. 

You can also follow me on Twitter or follow the hashtag #oureadathon. Add me up!

Now I've already made a "to-read" list of books for the read-a-thon but I'll be keeping it a secret and revealing each book as I read it. Not everyone made a list ahead of time though and a bunch of people are scrambling to find shorter books to read, so I made another list.

Read-a-thon Recommendations: Favourite Short Books


That Summer by Sarah Dessen || 198 pages
The Vampire Is Just Not That Into You by Vlad Mezrich || 176 pages
Sun Signs by Shelley Hrdlitschka || 195 pages


Invisible by Pete Hautman || 160 pages
How I Spent My Last Night on Earth by Todd Strasser || 176 pages
Pretty Dead by Francesca Lia Block || 208 pages


Hanging on to Max by Margaret Bechard || 176 pages
Boy Proof by Cecil Castellucci || 208 pages
Would You by Marthe Jocelyn || 165 pages


Got Fangs (Ben & Fran #1) by Katie Maxwell || 192 pages
Circus of the Darned (Ben & Fran #2) by Katie Maxwell || 182 pages

3 comments:

  1. The Katie Maxwell books are a good idea for shorter books! I would add the Vampire Kisses! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Summer is perfect!! Really, all of Dessen's books are super fast reads! Thanks for posting and participating!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I hadn't realized you were participating as well. I hope you're getting lots of reading time in! And would you believe that I haven't read even one of the books you listed? *shakes head at self* Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Want to share your own review or post? I'd love to hear from you! I read every single comment.