Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-thon: Wrap-Up

Final update for the read-a-thon! Let's start with some mini-challenges.


Sab at YA Bliss asked us to list our top 3 favourite love triangles. Love triangles are quite possibly my least favourite possible romantic scenario but these three triangles have stood out to me as absolutely fantastic. If you haven't had a chance to read them, go!

1. David + Tally + ZaneUglies by Scott Westerfeld
2. Becca + Alec + CamilleAfter the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy
3. Jared + Melanie/Wanda + IanThe Host by Stephenie Meyer


Ashley at Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing asked us for book recommendations! 

1. You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin
Everyone should read this because it's in my current Top 3 Reads for 2011 and quite possibly my favourite male narrator novel. With so many female protagonists it's always refreshing to read from a male perspective. I loved You Killed Wesley Payne for its fast paced mystery filled with lots of action and adventure, but Sean Beaudoin put a unique noir-film spin on it. Loved it!

2. So Shelly by Ty Roth
I absolutely loved this book! Unfortunately I didn't particularly like the other two books I've read so far in the read-a-thon but So Shelly would stand out anyways in my monthly reading selection. Ty Roth did an amazing job of taking three brilliant poets and converting their dark, mysterious old-fashioned lives into deep, metaphorical journeys as modern day teenagers. Anyone who loved English class will gush over this one!


Books Read: 3. The Taker (J.M. Steele), So Shelly (Ty Roth), and Me Penelope (Lisa Jahn-Clough)
Pages Read:906
Fun Had: Tons!

Unfortunately due to some extenuating circumstances my read-a-thon was not as productive as it could have been. My fridge shut down sometime last night and I've spent the entire day throwing out almost all the food in my house. No reading done! Oh well, I still had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Want to share your own review or post? I'd love to hear from you! I read every single comment.