Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (30)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Wednesday meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine Participants highlight an upcoming unpublished novel they're interested in.


Title: Dust & Decay
Author: Jonathan Maberry
Release Date: August 30, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Summary
Six months have passed since the terrifying battle with Charlie Pink-eye and the Motor City Hammer in the zombie-infested mountains of the Rot & Ruin. It’s also six months since Benny Imura and Nix Riley saw something in the air that changed their lives. Now, after months of rigorous training with Benny’s zombie-hunter brother Tom, Benny and Nix are ready to leave their home forever and search for a better future. Lilah the Lost Girl and Benny’s best friend Lou Chong are going with them.


Sounds easy. Sounds wonderful. Except that everything that can go wrong does. Before they can even leave there is a shocking zombie attack in town. But as soon as they step into the Rot & Ruin they are pursued by the living dead, wild animals, insane murderers and the horrors of Gameland –where teenagers are forced to fight for their lives in the zombie pits. Worst of all…could the evil Charlie Pink-eye still be alive?


In the great Rot & Ruin everything wants to kill you. Everything…and not everyone in Benny’s small band of travelers will make it out alive.
I actually have a copy of this sitting on my shelves TBR but it's so far down on the list that it'll take me forever to get to it. I can't wait for it to be released and everyone to check it out. If you haven't read Rot & Ruin yet definitely check it out!

Did you do a Waiting on Wednesday this week? Post your link below and I'll check it out!

21 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about these books and been thinking about getting the first one from the library!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to read the first book of this series! Don't know if I'll ever get to it but enjoy ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series, looks like it could be creepy. I might give it a try though! Great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this series. I have book one - just need to get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things too about Rot & Ruin. Hope I can read both soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series!

    I reviewed this book on my blog the other day, check it out if you are interested, but it is just as good as Rot and Ruin! :D

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I've really been wanting to read this series, it sounds really good! I hope you enjoy it when you do read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard amazing things about Rot & Ruin so I really need to read this series! And I also have a copy of Dust & Decay on my shelf from S&S Canada. Argh, so many books to read! Not that I'm complaining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Rot & Ruin but I need to read, I've only heard good things about it! I like the creepy matching covers. Awesome pick, Laura!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds awesome!! i love the cover of this book and how it matches with the first novel. i still gotta read book #1 though.

    Stop by our WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my WoW a couple weeks ago... I can not wait! You have a copy of Dust & Decay?! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah, that cover is so cool!!! And it sounds like a good book. Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this one. Rot and Ruin was one of my favorite books of 2010. I'm hope this one is just as good. Good Luck making it through the TBR pile, I'm working through mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good!

    Check out Em's WoW!

    Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When i see this cover I think i subconsciously open my mouth. it's weird.
    I've heard great things about rot&ruin as well, I should get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need to read Rot & Ruin as well! It sounds like a great zombie series to get into! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choice! This sounds like a really awesome read.

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read Rot & Ruin, but I'v e heard a lot about it. I'll have to check both of them out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick! And the cover rocks!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick! I have this and need to read it. Ugh, need more time!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Want to share your own review or post? I'd love to hear from you! I read every single comment.